Monday, October 01, 2007

I met a *celebrity*!

So I went to a temple recommend interview with the stake president, walk through the door, and see this face - I know I've seen this face somewhere! But I didn't know where. The chair next to him was the only empty chair so I sat by him, and he made friendly conversation. So I couldn't hold it in! I asked the dumbest of all dumb questions: "You look so familiar...are you on TV or something?" I really didn't think the answer would be yes! But where do you go from there? He's an actor, but how do I ask him where I've seen him? Well luckily we were in an appropriate context (the stake center) so he said, "You're mormon? You probably know me from The Buttercream Gang." Oh yeah!! It was PETE straight off the Buttercream Gang, how many years later, and dare I say matured past his boyish metabolism.

HOW COOL IS THAT?

So right then and there the Stake pres. comes out to call me into his office. Shoot! I actually said, "Can somebody else go first? I just met a celebrity!" Gosh I am such a dork! I had enough time to say, "What brings you to Monmouth?" and he said something about a company he's working for (no, I don't think it's an acting company in Monmouth, LOL).

So as soon as I got home, I looked him up, and yeah, he has more of a resume than most Feature Films for Families actors. Small stuff, of course, lots of sitcom appearences, including Family Matters which very episode just so happened to be on tonight! It was cool to watch somebody whom I had just met a few days ago in person. Look him up, his name is Michael D. Weathered. And apparently he's in my stake!

2 comments:

Paige said...

You're awesome Annalise! I wish I had the ability to just be more straight-up sometimes. Nothing wrong with that!

Anonymous said...

Sweet!!