Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More Fun with Rychen Parker


Rychen P.'s thing lately is cutting. He started playing around with my (harmless) craft scissors, so we made a special trip to buy his own pair. He'll sit at the table with his "dollar store scissors" and ask for paper, and just sit there and cut away--nothing in particular, just snip-snip. Then I gave him a glue stick so he can stick the odd shapes onto more scratch paper.



This was hilarious, so I grabbed the camera. He just comes up to me, pinches his nipple, and says "Look! Bubba have boobies!" Look at that grin! He is so proud.
The other day he was eating almonds, and said "Look mommy, I made a snake!"
And here is our experiment for Thanksgiving. A healthy, no-bake pumpkin pie. It actually has the right flavor and texture. The color is a little off, but other than that you can't really tell the difference. It's made with macadamia nuts, pumpkin, dates, vanilla and the usual spices. We like making various pies like this because it's dessert...or dinner! (squash and nuts...perfectly acceptable meal)

No comments: