Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Almost real

Mother's Day was nice...this year was special in that Rychen P. made something for me, for the first time! (Before it was just "wife" day, or mother's day by Rychen, on Rychen P.'s behalf) He is a real kid now! Here is his little hand-print card, made in nursery.

What's funny is that I was helping in nursery that day, and I got to write the words "Love, Rychen" on it. And then he left nursery before it was dry, so I went back to pick it up for myself. I essentially gave it to myself.


Now maybe next year I can get the Real Deal - something made by him, without being directed by somebody else! Wow, even his idea?? That would be something! So this year, it was almost real. But surely, a step up from fake!

I also got a special dinner, yummy Black Bean Enchiladas. This is a really yummy recipe but we haven't made it in a long time. Rychen even made our homemade tortiallas for it.

1 comment:

TopHat said...

Wow. I got breakfast in bed- but it was of the form of cornflakes in a bowl. :)

Maybe you'll get a macaroni necklace next year!