Saturday, May 24, 2008

Annalise moment

Normally we stick to family anecdotes on this blog, but I just had to say...

I am so glad David Cook won American Idol!

This is the FIRST TIME my favorite has won. That's right, I cheered for Blake, I cheered for Katharine, I cheered for Bo. I just chalked it up to the fact that I am so anti-mainstream so of course it would reflect in my music choice. But wooo! Now I am one of the majority!!

To be honest I used to think David Cook was trailer trash, but then he cut his hair, and I started noticing how sexy his gruff voice his! Oh, and THEN he sang this song....



Which made me cry and fall in love... and the rest is history!

I LOVE his voice, the feeling he puts into the music, his playful and humble personality. Don't get me wrong, Archuleta is sure talented, but there was just no passion with him. And he's not sexy, so... (if I ever meet David Cook in person, my marriage might be in trouble!)

5 comments:

Greg R. said...

That song was AWESOME. I remember when he pulled that out and as soon as it started I knew that was a great choice. Plus it brings back memories of 7th grade.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara said...

I wanted Carly to win. I did like both of the Davids, but I have issues with each of their personalities a little bit.

Anonymous said...

Rychen says if Carly wasn't so ugly she would have won :) I thought she was the only female possibility from day one... and surprised when she left so soon.

Anonymous said...

You know, in the beginning he really came across as arrogant to me. But then I began to see more of his 'heart' and his 'realness' and I changed my mind completely. I'm glad he won as well.