Today is a glorious, sunny day! We slept in, which got us off to a great start :)
Then gymnastics class. I just shook my head watching Rychen try to keep up with the other kids. He's probably the youngest in the class, and least experienced with this type of structure--and you can tell. He kept running into other kids and in other ways acting aloof. But then his teacher helped him to a few new things, and he is learning well! (He's actually brave...for HER)
The tots teacher invited Elisabeth to do obstacle courses with them. It was fun! She didn't really "get it," but she does enjoy walking on the balance beam, climbing up the bar/ladder toy, and doing the "Ta-da!" pose. It actually surprised me that she was too nervous to do some of the other things.
Afterward we went to the park to play for a while. Rychen P. practiced his basketball skills (this park is so cool - not only do they have a lower hoop for kids, but there always seems to be lots of friendly Latino kids running around, eager to play with strangers) while I watched Elisabeth on the playground. Well, mostly she played with bark chips while I sat and watched this other guy skateboard. He was amazing! There was a girl, probably 9 or 10 years old, dancing to some "Hannah Montana" dance (yes I asked). She kept practicing this dance over and over, while I watched. I really wanted to jump up and ask her to teach it to me. But I was too chicken. :(
Rychen totally impressed me on the playground. He did two things for the first time today, that he's always been too afraid of before - Monkey Bars (with no help ... before, he was too afraid to try, even with help!) and the Climbing Wall, both of which he just decided to do voluntarily. Totally surprised me. With all the times this kid says "Look Mom!" undeservingly, I was actually quite impressed today! Maybe the gymnastics is helping him overcome some things after all.
In other news, Rychen P. has been eating lots of tangelos with no sign of allergy. Yay!
And cute word of this day: Rychen P. says that Elisabeth is very "obeyable." Maybe she should teach him.
No comments:
Post a Comment