Spotlight is a little activity where you tell things about a kid and they guess who it is.
So I was pretty excited... I was wanting to watch their faces and see how they would act when they figured out it was about them!
Elisabeth is very vocal in primary. So she was standing with the kids, all very enthused and attentive. "This person is good at dancing, drawing, and reading" was the first clue. She shouts out, "ME!" and then the second clue, and so on... Every time she would say "ME!" and after 3 or 4, she turned to her friend and said, "It might be me!!!" Then at the end when they say "who is it??" She was sure to exclaim, "ME!!!" (basically I breathed a sigh of relief that apparently I answered all the questions correctly...what if my kid didn't even recognize themselves?? eek)
When they did Rychen he responded, well... quite a bit differently. You never know with this kid. Sometimes he is very serious and reserved; other times he is a goofball of the worst variety. The first clue was a drop-dead GIVEAWAY... "This person is good at piano, basketball, and Story of the World" But he had a total poker face!! What the heck? More give-away clues. But he wasn't letting ANYTHING on!! Finally at the end when they ask who it is, He started grinning and nodding and pointing to himself. It was very cute.
I am just a silly Mom, getting my kicks from stuff like this. I think watching my kids as a 3rd party is even better than interacting with them personally. I love seeing what they do in situations... and usually I am just Beaming :)
No comments:
Post a Comment