I ordered a new science textbook from Amazon and it came in the mail today. Just to be funny I threw the box to Rychen P. and said "Here, a present for you." Well he took me seriously and got all excited and opened it up. I was waiting for the disappointed, "Oh, it's just a science book." ... But it never came! He was thrilled to get a science book.
Elisabeth's comment was, "Is it Sky-ence?"
They opened it right up and began the first chapter by themselves. They told me they are going to sprout beans in various conditions. Light/darkness, moist/dry - all 4 combinations, maybe more. They ran outside in the dark to get dirt!
I love seeing them so excited about learning. It almost makes it OK that I have been slacking teaching them lately. (hey, why teach them when they can teach themselves... ha, ha)
No comments:
Post a Comment