Rychen P. is growing and learning so much! Today we bought him one of those little pre-school workbooks, like where you circle the picture that doesn't belong, connect the dots, match similar items, etc. I didn't think he'd be ready but he surprised me, and he understood a lot of it! He is learning to control a pen really well. That was fun for us to do together.
We also watched "Cast Away" today and Rychen P. sat and watched most of it. He was intrigued and asked a lot of questions (well, mostly "What he doing??") So it was an educational movie for him--I told him how if you don't have matches, you have to try to make your own fire, and he had to make his own boat using trees, and he didn't have shoes so his feet got hurt a lot, and all he could eat were coconuts and fish. Rychen P. was really interested in this new way to live.
We've been playing a lot with my friend's daughter, who is 3 years older than Rychen P. But they play together really well. They giggle and run around the house playing. They ran upstairs together and I found them in the bedroom with the lights out!! But they were just playing with a flashlight. Ha! This girl is really sweet and really good with Rychen P. I am so glad that it's working out to be friends with her. She is his first real playmate. Rychen P. is pretty popular now that he has a slide (mom gave to him for christmas). The kids love going down the slide when we have playdates.
Another cute thing is that he remembers music so well. We've been listening to Regina Spektor's CD, and there are a lot of unique catchy parts, so of course he caught on to those. Today we were at a store and the song came on the intercom, and he started singing a long with it! Then as I was making dinner I heard him singing, "so cheap and juicy!" from another one of her songs. Speaking of singers, he recognizes Courtney's voice and anytime her music is playing he says "This is a Courtney song!"
No comments:
Post a Comment