Monday, January 28, 2008

"Let's talk"

Rychen P. loves talking. How funny! He could be running, playing, whatever, but he comes and sits on my lap and says, "let's talk!" This is very convenient when I don't feel like doing anything, and extra special when we go to bed and chat like best friends for a while before falling asleep. I think it's wonderful, it gives me a chance to teach him random things (like what armor is, yesterday's topic) and to help his verbal skills.

So we've developed a few games. In order to teach letter sounds, I'd say "B says buh. What starts with B? Buh-buh-beach or ca-ca-clock?" etc. And another cute game is favorites. We learned a favorite is what you like the most. So I ask all sorts of random, "What's your favorite ____?" And his answers sure are random too! His favorite color is "probably black," (but the next time it will be different) and his favorite ball is a pink ball. We're also learning Right and Left, so I quizzed him on all his body parts: "Where is your right elbow? Where is your left knee?" How fun!! I love this stage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I would love that. You are a good Mommy. :D