Here's some cute thing Rychen P. has been saying lately.
When we all hang out, he has a hard time with the fact that Dad and Mom like to talk to each other. He always says, "Please talk to Bubba!" So we had to inform him, "Mom and Dad are friends! We like to talk to each other!" This concept had never occured to him. We also reassured him that he was our friend too. He's only heard the word in the context of little children coming over to play with us, so he was surprised to hear that we as family members could be friends. Now at random times during the day, he'll proudly say "We are friends!"
He also likes to point out that "We are three people," although I have no clue where he got this one from.
The funniest thing happened the other day. He was playing alone downstairs while I worked on the computer upstairs, probably 45 minutes. After that long time, I came back downstairs just as he was coming up to find me. When he saw me he said, "Oh! I DO have a Mommy!" I said "What!?" and burst out laughing. What cleverness of a 2-year-old to be sarcastic like that!
From his states puzzle, he knows where certain states are, with the association that certain family members live there. Uncle Peter lives in Texas, which on the puzzle has the icon of a Mexican-style Aztec house. We haven't done this puzzle in a while now, so I was very surprised when we were driving and saw a Mexian restaurant in the architecture of the same Aztec house. Rychen P. got very excited and exclaimed, "That's Texas! Where Uncle Peter lives!"
2 comments:
He does have a Mommy! So clever.
Wow, Maybe he will be an architect one day, that is great association.
Post a Comment