Sunday, June 21, 2009

My personal goals

I was inspired by my friend Kara, who put her "before" pictures up for the world to see and blogged about her personal goals. Well here are mine, in priority order. This is what is important to me in life.

(1) To be a righteous disciple of Christ
(2) Nurture my marriage. I take my eternal covenants seriously.
(3) To serve my children, love unconditionally, be a good example, and teach them of all good and virtuous things.
(4) To eat a raw food diet to take care of my physical and mental health (which allows me to do goals 1-3)
(5) To take care of myself further by getting proper exercise, sunlight, fresh air, and water (natural hygiene).
(6) To enjoy and nurture myself doing creative things I love to do. My Stampin' Up and Cardmaking business.
(7) To continue learning whenever I can, and to teach my children. I want to homeschool.
(8) To do all other good and virtuous things, like environmentalism, etc. but not at the expense of any of the above (meaning, I only have so much mental energy!)

I fully intend to do numbers 1-7 but anything after that we'll just see how much energy I have and how much time is left at the end of the day!

It is really interesting how vegans tend to be environmentalists, and homebirthers tend to be attachment-parents, and all these roads lead to raw foods. I don't know why crunchy people do all of the above. I don't think anybody woke up one day and said "I want to be crunchy!" but it sort of just happens to you, bit by bit, as you change more about your life. Each change leads to more inspiration, more wisdom, and more energy for you to take the next step. It's a fun path! I want to use the word enlightenment but I am afraid I will offend. That is not my purpose so please don't misunderstand me. I am just having fun exploring life and being all that I can be, because these are the things that are important to me. It's wonderful and lovely that other things are important to other people. We are all so interesting. So do what is important to you! Set those goals and be who you are.

1 comment:

TopHat said...

Yeah- the path to crunchy is gradual, but you definitely get sucked into it! I've gone no poo and I think you're convincing me to go raw!