...Cuz really I can't decide. At this point it's "wait and see." I have such trouble committing to anything. I always just do what I feel like doing. That's why I'm not consistent with anything! (at least it seems, some times)
Well this week I thought I was making great progress. While in Las Vegas in September, I generally did exercise every morning. I felt good that I was finally getting consistent. So I came home and made time to jog a few days a week. It felt great. This past week on Tuesday I went for a run (I don't plan them or chart them, I run until I get tired) and felt a lot of progress--being able to keep going through some difficulties, and then getting a second-wind, feeling like I could keep going longer, etc. When I mapped my course the next day, I was surprised to see I had gone 3 miles! (I had only ran 2 before that.)
So then Wednesday, Rychen and I had a date to go run Bush Park together while Grandma watched the kids. I didn't want to break our date (to rest) and I felt up to it, so I did it. We ran 3 miles. It was an awesome workout, I even did some yoga afterward, and felt great. I went back to the Joneses saying "I'm a runner!" and feeling great about it.
And then the next day... recovery! Apparently it was too much for me to run 6 miles in a 48-hour window. I was so tired, weak, just wanted to sit around in my PJ's all day. Friday wasn't much better. Today is Saturday and I have other complaints, and just didn't feel up to it. (See how undisciplined I am? One reason I want to be a runner is to PUSH myself and actually overcome some of my complacency)
I'll have to see how I feel Monday and hopefully I can get out and get back on track! I was considering running a 10K on the 24th but now I think, although I probably could, it might be too foolish. I should take my training slow. So, we'll see.
Give me tips if you have 'em! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment