Today our preschool activity was practicing handwriting by writing a letter to Uncle Joe, which turned into making a wordsearch. When Rychen asked me to make him one, I obliged, thinking I would just show him how I do it. But instead, he wanted to make it himself. So for the next HOUR (oh boy, he writes slowly, and I had already made a BIG grid) we painstakingly composed a wordsearch to send to Uncle Joe. Rychen first wrote the words that we would be using. Then I showed him how you write in the longest words first, and then try to find a letter you can double-up on for the next word. He went through and filled in most of the grid by himself, with me showing where to put each letter. Impressive!

1 comment:
look what i found in another blog today. it made me think of you. would make a nice christmas gift for you: a planner for home educating families
http://www.wellplannedday.com/planners.html
Post a Comment