Saturday, October 10, 2009

Love my lips!

My gums/lips are raw, and have been since TUESDAY! That is way too long, what is going on here? I scuffed em up by eating figs on Tuesday (it's happened before and I didn't learn my lesson. I don't know if I am allergic but it's a weird reaction). Then I proceeded to eat some tomatoes - Ow Ow Ow! Acid on raw flesh is not a good idea. Well how inconvenient because we have a TON of tomatoes--I was going to enjoy all sorts of salads this week, but I haven't been eating any.
 
...and nothing else sounds good either. Smoothies. Juice. Cooked, soft veggies. Anything else hurts.
 
Maybe it's a combination with the weather too. My lips are way chapped now. Thank you, Fall. Chapstick is hurting me but I found that wiping honey on them feels really soothing (did you know honey is anti-microbial?)
 
I hope you don't take your lips and gums for granted. Reminds me of that Veggie Tales song. "I Love My Lips" (It's a really hilarious song, you should find it online and listen to it!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a hilarious song - it makes me laugh. I have sensitive lips. I am always slathering something on them. Lately a bit of Eucerin cream. Regular chapstick dries them out. I looove honey - it's good for all sorts of things!