
I was expecting something stupidly cheesy, like Johnny English (yawn) or Pink Panther... We chose this movie when nothing else seemed appealing only because of my recent fascination with Steve Carrell. Anyway can I just say, this is the first time in LONG time that I have been thoroughly entertained with a movie, especially both the comedy and action sequences. I enjoy watching movies a lot, for instance Stranger Than Fiction is a great movie, as well as Dan in Real Life. But those movies I could walk away from to get a drink of water... Not so with Get Smart. I love it!! And I'm not sure why. All I can say is that it is very entertaining.
This post is a bit funny because, to be honest, I am totally out of touch with pop culture and what's showing in theaters at any given time. In fact, I had not even heard of this movie until we found it upon browsing, and I hadn't heard of Steve Carrell before about a month ago! So tell me now, what other new releases did you like?
1 comment:
I just loved this post, Annalise! Mostly because I really appreciate the movies you listed... well, not Pink Panther and Johnny English, but the others. Whitney and I were hesitant to even see Get Smart at the dollar theater because we had heard a lot of lukewarm reviews from people but were very pleasantly surprised. Maybe it was because we were expecting it to be so bad, but we've watched it again since and still liked it!
Unfortunately, we haven't really seen any other new releases recently to entertain us very much.
Sorry that this comment is the size of an actual post!!
Post a Comment