I have been reading a lot of the conference Ensign this week while Elisabeth nurses/naps. I have just loved it! I have gotten into it like a great novel that you just can't put down. It's so comforting and inspiring. Our leaders are so inspired. I was touched from a number of things I read today, and here is one thought I had. Non-members sometimes are curious, "You have a PROPHET? What does he say? What has he prophesied about??" Well he doesn't say earth-shattering stuff, but he reminds us of the simple, subtle truths we need to hear over and over--and yes, that is very inspired, that is JUST what we need to hear, that is the direct truth from GOD. For example, Pres. Monson spoke of enjoying our children, and how no other project is more important than just enjoying our kids in the here and now. I thought that was so profound, and just what I needed to hear. Just like he says, these things will be gone before you know it, and soon you will miss those messes, handprints, and piles of laundry! I bear my testimony that Pres. Monson is a prophet of God, and these are truly inspired words from God. I know our lives will be blessed with joy and meaning as we follow the prophets' counsel. I love hearing these truths, as my testimony is confirmed over and over again. The gospel is so true. It just makes perfect sense, and isn't life so wonderful when everything makes sense? :) In church today, visiting my home ward, I had the thought, "Wow, look at all these kids who grew up, and they are still active in the church!" Almost amazed, as I realized, this is another entire generation who can testify of the Savior, who have found their own testimonies and once given free reign of their own lives, they still choose the good path their parents showed them. A boy several years younger than me is now going on a mission to Japan. His testimony was so strong and powerful! And this is before he goes out! What a strong young man, servant of Christ, and what a great missionary he will be! Makes me so excited to be part of a united church, full of people who just love God and are willing to make so many sacrifices for Him. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, and Thanks to Him we are able to have earth life, a necessary step in our spiritual progression. We grow more and more each day as we follow in his footsteps, and follow the counsel of His servants. Thanks to Him, we can return to our Father, and live in Glory with him and our families, forever.
We need more uplifting, inspiring blogs!! I challenge you guys to bear your testimonies on your blogs, and share scriptures or talks that have lifted you up or brought meaning to you. Even respond to this post with your favorite conference talk! Even if you're not LDS, what is your favorite bible verse that gets you through your tough times? Let's bear each other up. Thanks for your strength and Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
I love it when the Ensign gets here! My testimony has strengthened so much from going to the temple weekly, reading scriptures nightly, right now I am reading the New Testament and I love the stories of Jesus :) I am so grateful to be LDS. :)
Post a Comment