Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Nap differences
Rychen P. and Elisabeth are very different babies, especially when it comes to nursing and napping. Rychen would always nurse to sleep and always fall asleep while nursing. Elisabeth does neither. With Rychen I could reliably nurse him and have him fall asleep with no trouble. Then I would roll away and he'd sleep on the bed for 2 hours, like clockwork. But I would have to lay down and nurse him wherever he would nap - he would NOT transfer well at all. With Elisabeth, she nurses only when hungry (healthy habit but a bit inconvenient). She prefers to nurse upon waking and will not nurse when she is fussy. When she is tired, she is too fidgity and will not concentrate on nursing. So we bounce to sleep. A lot of times she sleeps in the sling, on me, with a blanket covering for darkness (my back is getting strong, trust me). Or she will sleep in the baby swing but needs darkness and white noise. Very inconvenient!! But an easy public sleeper (nursing to sleep in public, not as easy). The good thing with her is that lately I can bounce her and then lay her in the swing, don't even have to wait 20 minutes - she will sleep through the transfer. I haven't tried putting her in bed yet, we'll see how that goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Interesting how each baby can be so completely different in their habits.
Post a Comment