I have been complaining a lot about this pregnancy and not enjoying it for what it is. Today I was laying down I was pondering babyhood, thinking about that soft silky wrinkly skin, teeny fingers and toes, engaging eye contact and smile. Even as babies turn into toddlers, how precious and priceless are their squeaky voices trying to pronounce new words, giggling at anything I do, running in a funny way. When toddlers turn into preschoolers and beyond, how wonderful it is to see them learning new things; how sweet their endless questions are, to see their minds developing and taking in the world!
Children are such a blessing! Who am I to complain so much just because there is a small price to pay? I felt rebuked. I am so sorry for being pessimistic and selfish, focusing on the things I will have to give up. How dang lucky I am to be able to experience pregnancy and birth my own children, sweet angels who look and act just like myself. And if that takes a few months of discomfort and giving up a few insignificant things, what a small price to pay for such an amazing blessing to my life. And if "bearing children in sorrow" (headache and heartache) means I get the chance to know right from wrong, experience earthly life and have a physical body ... then how wonderful is that! I really have nothing to complain about.
1 comment:
Amen!
Post a Comment