Thursday, September 08, 2011

*P-Town Family History Tour!!*


This part of our trip was very exciting. We really haven't been back to BYU since we left, April 2005. So now with Rychen P. being 6 years old, it was fitting to bring him back and show him where he was conceived - I mean, where he got his ROOTS... Yeah.


...But alas, we must start at the very beginning.


My first year at BYU was at KING HENRY! I have the most awesome memories from this place, and an entire notebook of photos and stories to prove it. This is where I went hot tubbing fully clothed on a dare, stayed up all night building snow barracades and slides, played endless ping-pong tournaments, held a few dance parties, received hand-holding lessons, stayed up late in introspection with roommates, and earned a repuation as the non-kisser (and oh yeah I managed to get a bit of studying in there too. But only in the clubhouse so I could take flirting breaks...give me a break, I was 18)




This photo below is to show how overgrown the trees are--my front door was behind this tree, at the top of the stairs (Shout out to Christa, Stefani, and Candace!)
Then my second (Senior) year was at PARK PLACE (I am sorry to say, because it was and still is an absolute dump) but it was here I met my **Eternal Companion** so we will overlook that.



Rychen at the "DUDE ROOM" (imagine an ugly Napoleon Dynamite couch where this bench is)




Me at #2 (Shout out to Alycia, Cheri, Melissa, Sarah and Debbie!) **Disclaimer: I was not pregnant while living here**


Here is a photo below of the current state of Park Place Trailer Park. We just had to capture this, it is so very fitting and so true to our days there. (I had to stop and remember why I wanted to live in such an ugly place... I think the two-floor style really appealed to me. Most all the "dudes" were there because a sister picked out the complex and signed up everybody while they were still on their missions, so they never saw it! But Brittany Christensen was inspired indeed, for 4 of the 6 dudes found their mates in this very complex/ward.



Anyhow, after we were married we came back for Rychen's senior year, here at UNION SQUARE.




This photo above is for a good story, the big hill the cars must brave as they pull out of the underground parking garage. In the wintertime, this hill would ice over and it would take me several tries to get the car up! And we're talking about a sick pregnant chick in the 5:30 am pitch darkness. It was a nightmare. I threw up several times on my way to work (Shout out to PGM, Inc!) and I blame this hill.

Ok so after our Family History Tour we got to take the kids up to campus. Joe helped show us all around, now that he has been there for 1 week (Okay, yes it came in handy, we forgot the names of the buildings!)





There are about 130 stairs here, I used to climb twice a day!! (and then after I graduated, I put on 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Yup that'll do it!)

The SWKT, home for all Psych majors, and BYU "Skyline"


This building (the MARB?) is where most of my classes were.



And how could we leave out the BALLROOM where I took dance class? (a talent which I never used after that)






Unfortunately we didn't make it to the BYU Bookstore where I worked in the Post Office or to lower campus where Rychen worked in the locker room. We were exhausted!! Good times, good memories. I love you, BYU!

2 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

What a fun field trip! Kind of crazy how the memories just pop out everywhere, isn't it? Awwww, good ol' King Henry. I still hold that night building the snow wall as one of my top-10 favorite moments ever. :)

Melissa said...

LOL, good 'ole Park Pit...seriously like 20 couples got hitched that semester! I was "inspired" to live there...somehow everything looked pink and cute when I went through the apartments. God must have put blinders on me but my life has eternally changed because of it. Good times Annalise!! Dancing on tables, pillow fights with Hotel Cal Down, and you farting on me!! haha!