Thursday, August 20, 2009

Garbage Can

When I was a kid and all of us sat down to dinner, we'd serve ourselves heaping plates of food, and then turn over everything we couldn't finish to my Dad, endearingly called "Garbage Can." He enjoyed this role while he could, but as he aged he found he couldn't handle it. So he turned over that responsibility to Erick, who got the job done with flying colors and was still found afterwards asking, "What else is there to eat?"

One would expect "Garbage Can" to be a man's job. I guess Rychen isn't man enough. Rychen will finish his food except for a Tablespoon amount, and package it up for tomorrow's lunch. A tablespoon's worth. That is just something I personally would never do. I avoid leftovers at all costs, and usually that means several extra servings and a sentence of couch-potato-mom for the remainder of the evening. I'm just a nut who refuses to package things up. If I have to eat it eventually, I'd rather eat it now and get it over with....and be sick the rest of the night.

3 comments:

RAJ said...

uhh...would you like to provide an example of me leaving "a tablespoon amount" of something? Or are you referring to our son, who has the weirdest eating habits of anyone I know.

AJ said...

Strawberry sauce. Ground almonds. Just 2 off the top of my head before we walk out the door here.

RAJ said...

strawberries and almonds are expensive. If I can save for the next sitting what I don't need at the first, then I'm going to do so...and I won't feel sick.