I can't believe my baby is a year old already. It's 9 am -- a year ago today, I hadn't even had my first contraction yet. My mom had just arrived in town from Las Vegas (I was probably subconsciously holding out for her to be there... I was nervous to be in labor without help for Rychen P., and didn't want to leave him for several hours to get the job done alone). That morning we all went for a nice walk to the park, where I started feeling crampy and by the time we got back to the house, I knew I better start preparing my labor space. So exciting!
Now Elisabeth is 18 pounds, walking, "talking," and very sociable and interactive. Her favorite friend is her brother. She follows him around all day long, and even tries to play with him when he's sleeping! They share a special connection, tickling each other, giving raspberries and noogies, and giggling. I'm so glad they have this special friendship.
Elisabeth loves her stroller. She sits upright like a lady, and holds onto her "handles," ready to be treated like royalty.
Her favorite foods are tomatos and berries. Either of those, don't even try to eat in front of her. She'll have her way with you.
Favorite toys? I'd say books for sure. She will sit with a book by herself and just turn the pages. She thinks it's the coolest thing ever. Besides that, I can't think of a favorite toy. She just loves getting into everything, especially things she can't have--cell phones, remotes, stamping stuff. She has also recently discovered playgrounds, and enjoys going down slides and climbing up the steps.
Happy Birthday to my little sweetheart!
2 comments:
She's also good friends with the cat (we go outside together and "find" her every night before bed)
Happy birthday to Elisabeth! SO cute! Too bad Porter isn't feeling too well, still debating whether I want to expose him or not. I think it is teething but could be a cold, he has a runny nose and is grabbing at his ears a little and is fussy fussy.
Post a Comment