Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Family business

Rychen and I are really excited about a website we are building, at http://www.fruitpredominantdiet.com. Within a week or so we should have a basic page up and check-out process to sell my eBook entitled The Fruit Predominant Diet. The book is my attempt to bring fresh foods to the mainstream audience, incorporating raw foods into a standard American diet. The diet I recommend in the book is not vegan, so it is more or less a moderate approach, although I'm sure it may seem quite extreme for somebody to tell you to eat fruit as half your calories! The diet I recommend is new and innovative and hasn't been done before. It is basically the 80/10/10 diet including cooked meals, and while that diet serves a raw food audience, I am aiming my information at the more general American demographic and trying to avoid the catch phrase "raw food diet."
 
The website will have low-fat, whole foods meal ideas; some video demonstrations; stories and testimonies from people who improved their health with this diet; a list of books, website, blogs and other resources to guide in further nutrition research; and a page just for children's health. In a few months, a second eBook will be added, about pregnancy and childbirth on the diet.
 
It's fun that we're in this together, putting our ideas together to get a family business going. I'm the nutritionist and Rychen is the technology wizard.

No comments: