I am glad to announce I am finally putting my psychology degree (and 4 years experience dealing with a crazy child) to work! One of my tennis clients asked for private lessons for her grand-daughter because she is hyperactive and easily frustrated. I told her I am a son exactly like that, I know lots of great tools to work with that personality, and I would love to give her private lessons.
Today was fantastic! What a beautiful, wonderful child. These personalities are so amazing, so intense, so passionate, so driven, so stubborn, and talented. These are good traits! They just speak a different language and need a different learning approach than the usual group structure. We had a really great time together. Rychen Parker hit with us also, and I was able to do various games and activities to teach them tennis vocabulary, work on gross motor skills, ball handing, and confidence building. Not only was it good for my student, it was great for Rychen to have a friend as equally-enthusiastic as him, and it was such a great experience for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment