Thursday, July 05, 2007

Birthday Madness!

Rychen Parker had his second birthday last Sunday. We didn't break the Sabbath, but we did bend it a little. After being disappointed with a "basketball party" earlier in the week (the Portland Blazer's draft party) we decided to throw the little dude his own b-ball party. Plus, Rychen felt the need to live vicariously since he never had one of his own--so Mr. Tightwad spends twenty bucks at a party store. So we decked the place out with banners and stuff, even got little basketball candles! Here we are in our basketball hats...

And the delicious strawberry torte...

Here's Aunt Emily helping to open presents...

Also I set the table up with momentos from Rychen's birth & past year. There are three shirts we saved after passing on the rest of his grown-out clothes: a "Little Guy" shirt from Mom that matches a "Big Guy" shirt of Rychen's; "I watch ESPN with my Daddy" timeless shirt that every younger sibling will wear; and a little BYU shirt. The momentos include remnants of the first haircut, birth photo, 1st year calender, baby book, and a little "book" Rychen and I wrote one night for FHE while I was pregnant! It explains the plan of salvation to our newcomer.

No comments: