I've gotten my official initiation into the Association of Home-maker Landscaping. My first thought, People actually do this? I thought yards just come with houses. I thought "gardening" referred to tomato plants. Apparently, you gotta put your plants in! Not just the select trees you want, but the shrubs, flowers, even the teeny MOSS that grows between stepping stones! And you have to pick at it, prune it, "dig about it," and who knows what else (because I've only been a member of this elite organization for 24 hours)! This equals a lot of time and expense. I guess that's what a hobby is. I am not 100% sure I want to have this hobby, but I think I'll give it a half-hearted attempt for now.
This all came up while visiting Rychen's grandma, who is notorious for spending hours every day in her yard. And you ought to see her yard, it's glorious. Anyway, she needed to pick out some "Corsican mint moss" that had proliferated farther than her intents and purposes. First of all, what the heck is Corsican mint moss? Do you realize there are 3-word NAMES for that little stuff between ROCKS? So she had me rub my hand on it and smell it. It smells delicious! I'll have some of that on my next sundae. So we dig it up, or peel it off the ground, whatever the correct gardening verb is. And she sends me home with a flat full of moss.
Guess what I did with it? Look closely, these aren't just rocks.
I swear, I always thought that stuff was just part of the rock or something. So I don't blame you if you have to look a few times. But please do! You must appreciate this. It takes hard work and effort to get your rocks correctly mossed. Never take moss for granted again!
No comments:
Post a Comment