Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Roadkill Cantaloupe

Yesterday and today, Rychen P. kept asking for cantaloupe. Then I started having cravings for watermelon! So we called Dad (who had to car) and asked him to please buy us one of each and bring them home to us... These cravings were so bad that we even compromised on some standards, i.e. paying a high price for melon. Oh well.

So we cut the watermelon first and sat down on our front porch to eat it, at Rychen Parker's request. Meanwhile, he was holding his little cantaloupe like a special ball. And then...


The cantoloupe slips!


Let me remind you what our front yard looks like.


We watched, captivated, as the cantaloupe dropped down each step, (with each landing, we'd wait to see if it was going to stay...) rolled down the pathway, hit a rock (stay? no), rolled the other direction, down more stairs, down the hill, and finally into the STREET! Our little cantaloupe survived the fall! But, wait! Just then--before it even had a chance to roll back into the yard, a truck drives by and - SMACK! - Slices it into 3 peices.
I just cracked up laughing. Rychen P . was dumbfounded.
Meanwhile, more cars drove by, and 3 peices turned into seven or eight...
My first thought was, "Darn it, and it was an expensive cantaloupe!" But you know what? I may not like paying that much for melon, but I'll pay a few bucks for a good laugh any day!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That is pretty funn! I love the outside part of your house! So lush and green! I miss green! lol...