Monday, July 09, 2007

First Tithing


Rychen Parker had his birthday recently and received some birthday money, so we thought it would be an excellent time to have FHE on tithing and ask if he'd like to pay 10% of his birthday money to Jesus (I didn't want to just do it for him, it had to be his choice). So we told him how paying tithing helps to build more churches and temples, pass the sacrament, buy things for nursery, etc. and showed him how we fill out the form and put it in the "special envelope for Jesus." Then I asked if he'd like to put his 70 cents in, and he did it willingly. It was a great learning time for him. So on Sunday I will make sure he gets to give his special envelope to the bishop.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

How fun! I think Rychen P. looks so much like Kaylor! I can't believe it! It is funny how that can happen. Like my cousin and I, her son and Taggy look a lot alike! Weird!