Monday, July 30, 2007

Jock in training

Besides basketball, which Rychen Parker has been playing for more than a year, he has recently gotten interested in baseball and tennis. We took him to the park once to play baseball, and he told me, "No, want play tennis." - Whoa! Where did that come from? We don't talk about tennis very much, and he's only seen us play a couple times. Oh well, so we called Grandma and got a junior size racket for him to dink around with. Rychen got serious and started teaching him "drop and hit."



Here's Emily, Madison and her friend Katie.




Now here's Rychen P. playing Tee Ball in the living room. We have a great video of him hitting a "home-run" and running to the "bases" and sliding. It's so hilarous! I don't know how to post it, but I could e-mail it to you if you ask. In the meantime, check out these awesome action shots...



I got this Tee-ball set for him at Wal-mart. He's been wanting one--actually, we had been using a make-shift tee ball thing out of a pipe and a toy for support! So I was glad to see this at Wal-mart, but then Rychen P. wouldn't let me buy it! He tells me to put it back on the shelf, and then he cried all through the store as I went to pay for it. Weird kid, he did want it, but he has some weird OCD quirk about taking things off the shelf (he's done it before). Like at church, he throws a fit everytime we sing because we pick up the hymn book, and he wants it left in the holder. OCD!!

No comments: