There is a beautiful, amazing article in the Ensign this month (February) on adoption. I can't relate personally but I love hearing the different accounts and testimonies. I cried with each one! (and then Rychen came in and I pretended not to be...) I cried at how difficult it must be to give a child up, but how beautiful it is to have the spirit direct you, how wonderful to obey that direction, how sweet the joy of repentance, and what a wonderful blessing for the adoptive parents. I just love REAL, personal stories like this! A must read.
5 comments:
Do you have a link or was it a printed article? I would love to read it :o)
Agreed!!! I just read it last night and LOVED it. It's amazing how an unplanned pregnancy - a "mistake" - can become such a rich blessing and learning experience for all involved.
Well Christa the first writer does state, that even though the baby was a blessing, if she could do it all over she wouldn't committed the sin in the first place. (fornication is a bit more than a "mistake," dear.) :)
oh p.s. but maybe what you meant was what was highlighted from the text - that part about how miraculous it is that God can turn a tragedy into something beautiful?
I just saw a story on the news about a lady who gave up her two year old 30 years ago and just got to see him for the first time since then last week. I was sobbing! Can you imagine making it through 2 years of raising them just to have no choice but to give them up for their own well being? Ugh! It all breaks my heart.
Post a Comment