Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The price to pay for scriptures

Tonight we were attempting to read Book of Mormon... we have been on the same chapter for probably a week. Trying to get those brass plates, you know. So tonight we were reviewing again, after upteen minutes of telling him to sit down, shut up, you know the drill. It's such a struggle!!! And Rychen P. always has to discuss every detail of the story (he's getting it down good).  So we talk about how sad it is that Nephi had to kill Laban, that that's what it took to get the scriptures. But God thought it was necessary, because the scriptures are just that important for us. Meanwhile, Elisabeth is yelling, Rychen P. is trying to lick me and complainig about how "tired" he is... and I wrap it up by saying "Aren't we blessed that we can just read our scriptures anytime we want, and we don't have to kill anybody?" and then I look at Daddo and say, "Well......."

4 comments:

saskia said...

we do devotional in the mornings and read maybe 15 verse's at the most- the attention span is non-existant the whole time, but I think it's the reading that matters

Kosel Family said...

It sounds like us when trying to say Rosary or mass prayers. Half of the time is spent trying to achieve peace and quiet. I find that if we give them a children's version of the book while we read ours that it helps, or if we only require them to sit through part of it and then let them off to play for the rest.

TopHat said...

Did you just start over the Book of Mormon for the New Year? Sounds like you're moving right along! Now if this is left over from a New Year's resolution in 2008, then I might be worried. :)

Eddie said...

haha!