Monday, January 05, 2009

And here's what we came home to

Merry Christmas, here's your new house!! And Bonus: It's iced over!










And Christmas and New Years with Rychen's family..


This is the annual tradition of "New Years Predictions," (Pictured: Grandpa holding Elisabeth, Rychen, Courtney, Paige, Whitney, Logan, Madison, Carol) where everybody makes guesses at questions regarding the upcoming year, such as "Who will get the first traffic ticket?" and "What will the price of gas be 12/31/09?" We try to think of something about every member of the family.
The Joneses also have the tradition of taking yearly "Santa Hat pictures" of each individual in front of the tree, wearing a Santa hat. (Can I get some digital copies? If so, I'll put them up.)
And here is one last picture, just something random and yet oh so priceless.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Cute pictures. Love the one with him and guitar. I do feel compelled to say that he is much too young to be in a booster seat, especially a backless booster. He should still be in a harness until a minimum of 4 years and 40lbs. Since you are so big on other safety and health issues I thought I should tell you that.

AJ said...

Thanks Megan, I agree with you. I have been thinking about that and looking for the kind with a back that holds the seatbelt over the shoulder. He is 40 lbs though, but I think this has more to do with height, doesn't it? Do you know the recommended height? I am not very good with the carseat recommendations, I need to find those numbers somewhere.

AJ said...

Thanks Megan, I agree with you. I have been thinking about that and looking for the kind with a back that holds the seatbelt over the shoulder. He is 40 lbs though, but I think this has more to do with height, doesn't it? Do you know the recommended height? I am not very good with the carseat recommendations, I need to find those numbers somewhere.

Kelli said...

Well I've got the numbers if you really want it! Jay is a car seat installer and would love put the seat in for you when you get one. the requirements are as follows if you want to pass them on to anyone who needs them:
1 year AND 20lbs in a rear facing carseat
4 years OR 40 in a forward facing carseat
8years OR 4ft 9in in height.
those are the basic requirements. You are correct in the fact that you do need to take in consideration where and how the seatbelt sits across your child. One more thing too, more personal feelings than anything. The boosters with the no harness system internally (ie one that uses the car's belt) aren't as safe and the ones with an internal 5 point harness system.