We decided to run together as a family, to go to the track everyday when Rychen is off work and take turns. Each of us has goals. Here's what we expect to accomplish by the end of the month.
Rychen - 2.5 miles in 18 minutes
Annalise - 2 miles in 18 minutes; front and back walkovers
RP - run around the track without stopping (.25 mile)
Elisabeth - to walk by herself (so far she can do 1 step)
Today was awesome. I ran 1 mile in 9:15 (during which I peed my pants...if you have had children, you understand) after which I did 4 front handsprings. Earlier in the day I attempted to do some contemporary dancing (I am teaching myself as I watch So You Think You Can Dance, heehee!) and did several backbend-kickovers. After trying to dance, I REALLY have an appreciation for dancers. Holey Moley--dancing is like flexibility plus stamina plus MUSCLES plus endurance plus stage presence plus attitude.... Whoa!! I have learned that I cannot do hip hop or any type of dance where I have to have a certain attitude. My only hope is contemporary (well I could probably learn basic ballet and tap) besides ballroom, which I would LOVE to learn if only my husband would try it out (but that's a post for another day). Anyhow, I have always had really tight hamstrings so I have to work on those a lot. And endurance... I can dance like 5 minutes and then I'm spent! But perhaps if I can work on my flexibility, endurance, and strength, then I can take dance lessons....
1 comment:
One of the gals out my way teaches a dance/aerobics class called Zumba... sounds right up your alley.
Post a Comment