Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Happy Birthday Rychen Parker!

Four years ago, Rychen P. was born. This morning Rychen (dad) said, "4 years ago we were asleep in a birthing tub" and I responded, "That was the last good sleep I had!"

Right now - 8:50 am - my midwife was waking me up because she wanted to check me. She thought my labor had stopped, since I appeared to be sleeping and wasn't making any noise. Well it turned out I was fully dilated and the head was actually halfway descended already!! To this day, I still say She should have left me sleeping because the next hour and 40 minutes was the most grueling work I have ever endured. PUSH!!!!!!!!!!!! He was 9 lb. 10 oz. born at 10:40 am, July 1st, 2005.

We'll fill you more in on today's events later, but it's fun for us to play the game "Right now __ years ago" where you play the day minute-by-minute, with all the fun details. I even have a copy of my medical records so I can say "Right now I got a pitocin shot" HAHA Just kidding, we'll spare Rychen P. those details.......

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Rychen Parker!!...can you believe we have four years olds? Craziness.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, little guy.