Sunday, July 05, 2009
Raw treats
We've made several raw desserts this week, especially since I bought some raw cacao powder. For Rychen P.'s birthday I made an Apple Pie Ice Cream Cake, Lemon Ice Cream Pie, and Raw Brownies. A few days later I got the idea to dip strawberries in a chocolate sauce that would harden into a shell when chilled (coconut oil is great for this since it's a natural, unprocessed saturated fat). Those were rich though! I will have to try again with a more diluted version. Anyway, the brownies were my favorite at least. They were awesome. We ate the leftovers for dinner with some broccoli also. The great thing about raw desserts is that it's all whole foods, and they can be meal-worthy on their own. Brownies are basically nuts and beans (cacao is a bean) with some honey to sweeten it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment