This past week, a couple friends blogged about their toddler's emerging verbal skills so I was thinking Elisabeth was behind. I pulled up this
milestone chart on Baby Center and am glad to see that she is right on track. For 17 months, it says most babies can use 6 words skillfully. Elisabeth's
daily words are:
- "boo!" (a game we play)
- ball
- mom
- other one (when she's nursing)
- bite
- crayon
- boobie (unfortunately)
Other words she has said before but doesn't use daily are:
- down
- kitty
- dad
- bubba
- dog
- banana
- book
For other needs, she communicates very clearly. She just has a way of speaking to us without verbal words. I never feel like I don't understand her. She is very aware, very active, participating in a group activity, and it is clear she understands our words, as she can do tasks exactly as we ask her to.
No comments:
Post a Comment