I just got my first taste of a Minneola, which is apparently the hybrid of a tangerine and a grapefruit. I was curious so I paid the 78 cents/lb over the 33 cents/lb regular navels. I don't buy tangerines very often at all, so anything other than the cheap-o orange is a treat! But I really like this Minneola... although I don't taste much grapefruit in it. It tastes like a tangerine but what I love about it is the very high juice-to-pulp ratio. So high, in fact, that I wouldn't let Elisabeth have a taste (she is wearing white today)! Very juicy without any gagging involved.
2 comments:
I used to eat tangelos as a kid...yummy! Haven't had them in years. I even did a science project in school: Which citrus fruit has the most juice (per pound)? Grapefruit won, but tangelo was a close second. I'm sure you cared to know that.
That's so awesome!
Post a Comment