Elisabeth is 18 months now. She says a lot of words, especially this past week. There were six or so, and then suddenly it just exploded! She likes to try saying all sorts of words. She can repeat after me when I tell her to say something. The cutest thing she said today was when Rychen said "cuddle" and she repeated him. It sounded like "Tuh-duh." Well she is about 20 lbs now, which is just perfect! I remember talking about small toddlers with my friend a couple years ago, who was saying how sweet it is, how natural it is because it enables you to carry them through more years of their life! Isn't that so true? Rychen was a big guy and I didn't carry him past a year. But Elisabeth is still easy cargo, whether it be the Ergo, sling, or in arms. It's so much fun to have a little girl, intelligent and playful, yet still my teeny cuddle bunny on my lap.
She still nurses for most of her food (day and night!) She snacks on food whenever we eat, but still probably doesn't get more than 150 calories in solid food each day. She helps herself to fruit from the cupboard and carries it around the house (yes, sticky, my husband hates this!) but she doesn't actually eat much of it! This kind of drives me crazy. Asking for bananas, so you unpeel it but then she doesn't want to eat it. The best way to get her to eat food is for her to drink a smoothie. She LOVES smoothies and can drink 3-4 ounces.
Her favorite toys are books and crayons. Those two things stereotype Elisabeth at this point of her life. She is all about books and crayons. Another toy favorite beginning to emerge is these alphabet letters. She gets out her letters and gets our her alphabet book, and brings them to me so I can show her the matches. With the way she loves crayons, I am trying to teach her colors but she's not picking it up yet. She does love vocabulary games, as she will point to pictures in her books for us to tell her what it is. Then we can say "Where's the ___?" and have her point it back to us.
One fun thing about her lately is how she listens and obeys me when I am serious. We've had diaper time toubles, like most families. Elisabeth usually gets up and runs away, bare bummed, before I put her clean diaper on. She likes to play games and have me catch her. If I'm not in the mood for games, I sit and call her name until she comes back, or maybe try to lure her by saying "come give me kisses!" or I just walk away and forget about her until she poops on the carpet (no joke, it happens. But she has really clean log poops that don't leave a mess! It's actually easier than cleaning up the cloth diapers). But lately I have been saying firmly, ELISABETH, COME HERE. She will pause and stare at me to see if I'm serious. I point down to the diaper and say DIAPER TIME. NOW. And she will walk back to me somberly and lie down!
Her hair is getting long! Very blonde and feathery. We started doing pigtails, and she looks just like that little girl "Boo" on Monsters Inc. (or Rychen says she looks like Cindy Lou Who). She is just so stinkin CUTE! I adore this girl so much. She is just so precious, my cherished treasure every day. I love just watching her. She makes me smile so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment