Saturday, February 27, 2010

Running update

Thursday I ran/walked 1.75 miles in 20 minutes. A nice route with a steep walk up a hill, and then jog down the gradual down-hill mile from Doaks Ferry to Wallace, back over Brush Hills. I had the brilliant idea to take 20 minutes to get out and start my day right, during the time Rychen comes back from seminary and makes his breakfast before heading out to work. I think I'll do this 3 days a week. I only have 20 minutes but it will be fun to see how I can increase my mileage within those 20 minutes. So, peeps, I will be out running like clockwork, 7:15-7:35! 

Friday I decided to mix it up, and did 20 minutes on my own inside--a mix of dancing, kickboxing, and squats to some great upbeat tunes like Gwen Stefani, Madonna, and various dorky stuff from 1991. Yep, that's my mix. Ha ha! 

This morning I was feelin GOOD! I got up and did some yoga, ate my ten oranges, and headed out for a 3-mile run/walk - goal time 25 minutes. I even set the timer, I was gettin' all ready to make myself proud and post it all over Facebook! But not ten minutes later and I start having pelvic floor issues (gotta love childbirth.. Just kidding, it's worth every sacrifice) so I have to walk, and I have to go find a bathroom. Stop by Becca's house, she's not home. Go over to Orchard Heights park and use the potty. Didn't really solve my problem. Walk up Orchard Hill, I mean Orchard Heights, feeling discouraged. Wishing I had just stuck with running six months ago when I gave it up. It stinks to start over! Pass Kim's house and stop to chat with her and stretch. Then I felt better (emotionally and physically) so I got a burst of energy to run home. Yay. I got home, Rychen and the kids clapping, relieved that I am finally home, 30 minutes after I was supposed to be! 

It took me an hour to walk "jog" 4 miles. But I did it! And darn in, I am going to keep doing it! I'm not going to give up this time. I'm a Jones and I want to be a family member in the friendly competition. I am going to track my March miles and beat you guys, Courtney and Logan!! hee hee :) 

I am giving myself 3 weeks to make sure I am serious and to see what level I am at.  Then I will start signing up for races. I want to be in a picture with Andrew, Carol, and Rychen. I want to be a Jones runner. And darn it, I am going to get to that finish line, even if I pee my pants!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, be really really careful about your pelvic floor!

Laura Nyman said...

Have you tried Kegels? It may not completely help, but it's worth the try.