Friday, February 19, 2010
Rychen Parker allergies
Since Rychen was diagnosed with an orange allergy (and wheat, oats, peanuts, corn, dairy, buckwheat, eggs) he hasn't had any oranges, or anything closely relating to an orange, orange in color, at all. I just wasn't sure what an "orange" allergy meant. But we decided to try giving him tangelos, which are a hybrid of grapefruit (which he can eat) and tangerine (questionable). So far he seems to be handling the tangelos just fine. So maybe we'll try clementine tangerines as well (which were his favorite special food at Grandma's house!). The only problem is, I don't know how long it would take to show symptoms (itching, diarrhea, etc) so it's hard to make the judgment call. But in the next few months I intend to take him back for a better blood test, to test a wider range of foods. Not only will this reveal his true citris allergies, but we'll be able to see if he's overcome any of his current allergens. It's not uncommon for children to outgrow their allergies, especially when they are treated for leaky gut and given a histamine remedy. I think given the healing that has obviously occured from his gut (judging from bowel movements) he will probably be cleared of several allergens, at least the ones he was less-than-extremely allergic to (wheat, oats, dairy he probably can't ever eat again).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment