On Sunday I gave the family a challenge. Anybody who memorized a scripture by Thursday (today) would get a treat. I memorized D&C 88:67 and Rychen P. memorized the First Article of Faith (Rychen says he has no recollection of this challenge. Hmmm). Anyway it was a struggle to get Rychen P. on board (he gets focused on the prize so much that it demobilizes him. Seriously.) which drove me crazy. This boy learns by rote ALL THE TIME. He has many many songs memorized, and nursery rhymes too, and quotes random things he's heard almost every day. But somehow it was asking so much of him to learn a 2-line verse. But I persevered! And now, I'm happy to announce, if you ask him what mormons believe about God, he will tell you word-for-word Joseph Smith's answer to that question.
While working with him, I was curious to test my own memory of the Articles of Faith, which I passed off as a Merry Miss, back when there was such a thing. (SIXTEEN years ago!!!) My results: I can recite every article of faith word for word except #6, and I could not even recollect what that one is about. I haven't looked it up yet.
(P.S. Do we believe in being subject to Presidents, even in the last days???)
No comments:
Post a Comment